Friday, December 3, 2010

Sicko

I have been smacked upside the head with the flu.  My head pounds - the sinus pressure has given me an awful headache.  My joints and muscles ache from head to toe.  I have no energy, and even little efforts are exhausting. I have a scratchy throat and a dry cough.  Even my eyes feel awful - heavy from being tired, and irritated from alternating between dry and tear-y.   And with each passing hour in my bed, in my pj's,  I feel worse, not better.

I'm not good at being really sick.  Dragging and moaning a bit when a little under the weather is my specialty.  But when I'm really sick, I'm in denial.  I assume I can power through if.  My worst case prognosis tends to be to force myself to take care of myself with naps, ibuprofen, fluids, and vitamins, and  I'll be back at it in a coupla hours, or a half day at most.  So when Plan A (power through it) and Plan B (self-administer sick TLC for a few hours) don't cut it, I find myself a little stymied.  I'll be better by evening, right?  Or by the class I'm registered for tomorrow morning?  Or by the time my guests arrive for my dinner party tomorrow night?  At this point, I'm not so sure.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...