Monday, September 5, 2011

OMG. MIssoni for Target! Can't wait!

Missoni - the Italian design house of richly textured geometric patterns, fabulous stripes, earthy (but punchy!) colors, elaborately-woven knits, all with a 60's vibe, - has designed a limited edition line for high brow/low price, accessibly hip/mass market store Target.  Finally, some Missoni I can afford.  I've spent so many years window licking at the boutique and drooling all over the pages of Italian Vogue.


The line of 400 items includes fabulous sweater dresses, funky tights, awesome ballet flats, cool kids' style, luxe bedding, bold dishes, and even a rad bike (perfect for a very gutsy someone).  Some nice men's stuff - socks, scarves, a refined sweater - for a handsome guy.  The full lookbook is here.  It will only be on sale from September 13 to October 22 or "while supplies last" - and given the buzz within the fashionista underground which is just fueling the mass media hype, I think that last phrase is key.  I'm already staking out Target in unhip areas  - as in not Columbia Heights - to have a fighting chance.


I'm imagining an awesome holiday outfit for G, those flats for me, and maybe a cool brown-striped cardigan, a couple of pairs of tights, a hat/scarf set, a quilted coverlet, and some cool serving pieces.  I'll have to hold back a bit though.  Head-to-toe, wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling Missoni might make me dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...