Friday, December 30, 2011

DC Good Eats

One of my favorite subjects in one of my favorite cities....the Washington Post names the 40 Dishes Every Washingtonian Must Try.  Admittedly, I've only tried a grand total of nine of them!  Shame!  Then again, of the forty, fewer than half were in The District proper, and I'm not often outside the city limits for eating good grub - at least not something like tacos.  Perhaps, next year, I'll expand my boundaries.

Shout-outs to a few of my favorite dishes - moules at Granville Moore's, Margherita D.O.C. pizza at 2 Amy's, the Blue Buck pancakes at Market Lunch, and palak chaat at Rasika.  A few treats from some of my favorite venues were also included like Founding Farmers and Sticky Rice.

I've been enjoying some festive meals and drinks over the month December with various friends for various festivities including The Tabard Inn (delicious house-smoked salmon plate with cocktails fireside); Adour at the St Regis (love me some holiday prosecco), Mio (excellent new chef, Puerto Rican-inspired menu); Lincoln (their kale salad is money! and their deviled eggs jar is garnished with caviar).  And last night, I enjoyed The Meal of the Year at Little Serow....shhhhh, please don't tell anyone, it's that special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...