Friday, November 13, 2009

Robin Hood and Little John

One of the things that cracks me up about my current job...

As a VP for an international non-profit, raising money is always on the screen, and even more so for my boss, the President/CEO. My job usually means I get to make the case, demonstrate the model, and give program insights that make people inspired and ready to give. My boss, however, usually makes the ask - a role, admittedly, I'm not as comfortable with.

Yesterday, in Silicon Valley, amidst staggering wealth, M and I presented to a dinner of "venture philanthropists." Our gig? I distract by talking about the "metrics" of social returns, while she takes their pants off and steals their wallets. As much as M drives me crazy, it's a good team act, though I much prefer my role to hers. :-)

We ate and drank well though, so of course, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...