Thursday, July 29, 2010

A few of my favorite things...Now, found together!

I love metrics.  I love blogging.  Now Blogger.com is letting me have the two together!  Blogger has now provided a "Stats" tab on my "Dashboard" to see my "views" and "hits" metrics.  I have resisted the temptation to install third party software on my blog to see what kind of traffic I have (if any - I *never* assume).  Now, I can get a little insight on my stats by day, week, month, and alltime...and it's really cool!

While there is lots I don't know from these stats (don't worry lurkers and followers, I can't see you), here are some of the things I do know....


I've had about 550 page views in the last month, 25 just today.  And while I'm not sure what that really means in terms of unique users, I know one thing for sure...they weren't all me!!!!

It seems my most-read posts are Wien Tour; Love Locked (thanks to a link in JS's blog!); What's Left Unsaid; Capital BikeShare Launching this Fall; Grassroots Soccer ; and  observatrice, exhibitioniste, voyeuse.  I think this is partly a function of other links within them to more popular sites, words and phrases that might come up in search engines, and who knows what else?

Now here's where it gets more interesting....

The top referring sites to my blog have been blogger.com (no surprise), google.com (US), google.ca (Canada), google.co.in (India), google.fr (France), vandex.ru (Russia), and charitynavigator.org (the last because of my post that referenced and linked to path.org).

Here are the top search terms typed into search engines to arrive at my blog..."hundertwasserhaus," "vienna tram," "observatrice," "exhibitioniste,"  and "exhibitioniste en public."  What that tells me is, at the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of tourists and pervs...

 My audience hails from around the world, the vast majority from the US, but also Websters have landed on my blog from Canada, UK, Netherlands, Austria, France, India, Latvia, and Russia (probably that recently outed Russian spy network that seems to collect US intelligence on the most trivial things, like travel, design, food, and style!)

Well, with stats for my blog the stakes just got higher - and more exciting.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...