Saturday, July 24, 2010

I [HEART] my new iPhone!

I never thought a phone could make me so happy.  Seriously, after waiting for almost two years to indulge in an iPhone, my iPhone 4 arrived on Tuesday.  At first, I was scared - what if I was disappointed?  What if the hype was just hype?  It is very expensive after all.  But after the first day of tentatively getting to know each other, I've gone from having a crush from afar to full fledged love AND lust.

I was a tiny bit disappointed by the look of the upgrade. They say it's smaller and slimmer than the previous iPhone, but I find it's edges a bit hard, sharp, and well...edgy.  Its predecessor, the iPhone 3G, is smooth and rounded, like a river stone in your pocket (or purse), and I'd liked that zen sensibility.    But I am not that superficial, and nothing is perfect, so I have squinted my 40-ear old eyes a bit  for a more forgiving and softening focus, and you know what?,  it's really quite handsome.  In fact, so sexy that...
...I want to lick it.

The iPhone 4 is also a tad heavy and dense, but it's all muscle and substance weight - and that's good.  And it's Retina screen dsiplay is just gorgeous.  I could stare into those deep eyes for hours - watching them change from clouds to water to vivid sparkling tulips with just the switch of the wallpaper.

And at the end of the day, I'm not superficially sold by looks, but rather function and performance, and my iPhone  4 is just perfect.  It intuitively knows what I need and how, and adapts itself to my every mood.  Want to make a phone call? It allows me to do so in some many ways depending on my needs - dial keypad, recent calls, or just a phone number anytime anywhere on the screen (webpage, facebook, contacts - just touch the phone number with a fingertip) and call!  My fingertips now work magic...it is soooooo responsive.

And what a brain!  It seems to anticipate my every need - calculator? (it's so good at math - Oh, I just LOVE geeks); tomorrow's weather?; the time in Paris?...what a sweetie!   And it's just brilliant - the way it learns my quirky way of typing on the keypad screen.  In fact, I think it even loves my quirks.  A bit of a sap - it loves to capture our time together with its built in camera....and family-oriented -  when it shares those photos with our friends and family by email, MMS, and Facebook.     It has a perfect sense of direction with its built in compass and GPS. But if we're lost, it doesn't mind asking -  we hit google maps, search directions, and we're back on track.  ** Swoon**

My new iPhone  4 is also so attentive with all those apps.  When we're out at the pub for a drink: "Hey, babe, I love this song, what's it called again?"  Shazam! - it tags it and lets me know the song and the artist, and gives me the option to download it for my very own.  "Sweetheart, I forgot to pay the babysitter"  Mobile banking...1...2...3...my iPhone 4 had transferred money into her account just like that.  Wide, wonderful eclectic taste in music - with Pandora and iTunes.  And it's up on current events with the NY Times.  It's not all serious though, it has a ton of games for when I'm feeling playful.  **Sigh**  I cannot believe I waited this long.

That's right...it's handsome, sexy, smart, intuitive,  attentive...did I mention vibrate mode?  My iPhone, my new boyfriend, my love....if only it could bring me flowers - oh wait, there's an app for that, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...