Monday, July 19, 2010

Magnetic Poetry Set for the UN

I've been in Vienna for one of those big international meetings.  In this case, it's the International AIDS Conference that takes place every 2 years (next one in DC in 2012).  To be more precise, I've been at a pre-conference symposium of about 450 people, as well as some smaller meetings.  The global conference has about 20,000 people and starts today - which is why I'm skipping town and heading home.  I enjoy my work on most days, and I used to do even more of this global hob-nobbing, but I grew weary and had other interests in life besides moving the gears of international bureaucracy, so I've moved in a slightly different direction.  Still when I'm back in the game, I get jazzed to be among my people talking about our stuff.  Increasingly though, I'm a little glazed and slightly dazed at these things. As an outsider, I find myself slightly bemused in our meetings, where we speak alot and say nothing, so I've decided to develop a magnetic poetry set for attending global meetings.  String together any of the below words and phrases, and you can participate, too!

inclusion     participation     participatory    comprehensive    inform    disseminate    society    community    community-based    healthcare systems     access     quality services      reduction    elimination    virtual elimination   eradicate    alleviate    women and children    safety and security    society    reach     researchers and practitioners     create     develop    support     strengthen    most vulnerable     affirm    re-affirm    commit    re-commit    progress    adequate progress   appropriate     process     measure    civil society     contribute    empower   reach    bringing together    chronicle and document   joint-efforts    gatekeepers    entry points   advance   rigor   robust evidence    knowledge gap    action   efforts   initiative     challenges and opportunities     stakeholders    partnerships   public-private partnerships    outcomes    results     resources   goals   2012   2015   programmes    
                    

2 comments:

  1. What, no "stakeholders"? :-) No "vision" or "strategy" (or "strategic vision")? Surely there must be "partnering"--no one can escape that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...how could I forget stakeholders? And partnerships? And public-private partnerships? And resources, of course! Strategic vision, not so much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...