Friday, March 12, 2010

Beirut Grocery Shopping List

Hummos (tinned)
Baba Ghanouj (tinned)
Tahini
Bottle of red (Bekka Valley, Liban)
Sesame candy
Date cookies
Sumac
Honey with pistachios
Olive oil
Licorice candy

I think I might have overdone it, but it was all local!  And irresistible...(Ummm...maybe I have food issues?!?!).

I go home tomorrow, and after all these feasts (coming home from the most recent 3-hour dinner at 11:30pm),  I'm actually looking forward to a little de-tox fast from overindulgence.  It was quite a wonderful visit (and business trip).

2 comments:

  1. It sounds pretty delicious!

    Though I keep hearing about this de-tox effort; like the White Queen's jam, it always seems to be coming tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere between overindulgence and de-tox is moderation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...