Monday, March 8, 2010

Dispatch from LHR

Landed at half-7, and began the 8-hours of layover limbo here at Heathrow.  I considered going into London - but the immigration agents strike slowing the queue, the rush hour commute to the city on a Monday morning, and having to be back by 2pm for my international departure only to go through security once again were formidible-enough deterrents. After transiting from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, and wandering around Hamley's and Boots (why do I love Boots so much?), I found the airline lounge.

This was a good move.  For $25 (and for the remaining 6 hours or so of waiting), I have wi-fi, breakfast snacks (cheese, biscuits, croissants, and nice strong coffee), a comfy perch (I'm spread out on a little sofa), and a clean loo.   All complimentary (well, for my entry fee)!  There's even a full bar, though not too appealing at the moment.

Lovely indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...