Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ladies' Lunch in 3 Acts (and one seduction)

Scene: La Plage restaurant
On La Corniche, in Beirut, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea

















Characters: Seven women
5 Lebanese, 1 Eritrean, 1 American; ages 24 to 75

















Act I: Eight+ mezze 
Hommos, moutabaal, fatoush, halloumi, kibbeh, and more

















Act II: A giant platter of brochettes 
Lamb, chicken, kibbeh with french fries














Act III: Two extravagant desserts
Ice cream with cotton candy, and crushed pistachios














Our protagonist with hookah pipe


















La femme fatale 
Amal (purple) kept winking at me



2 comments:

  1. So, how did you like the hookah? (I don't have to guess how much you enjoyed the rest of the meal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smell of the hookah/shisha/arguila was lovely and sweet - not at all smoky, harsh, foul, and irritating. Hookah was everywhere, and people - women and men alike - would smoke throughout a meal from beginning to end. Personally, I'm a lame smoker (and proud of it) - I don't like the feeling of smoke filling my lungs. That's Amal's pipe, and as cliche as it may be, I didn't inhale.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...