Wednesday, June 9, 2010

La Nouvelle Observatrice - Sports Section

As noted, I'm not a huge sports fan, nor sports-knowledgeable.  I do enjoy watching the finals of most any sport.  I tend to root for the underdog (but not always) or my favorite city/country regardless of individual team/athlete skill, record, or other more pertinent facts.   For someone who really just doesn't much care, I can still get totally caught up in a nail biter.

I missed the men's final of the French Open (I love the way Roland Garros just rolls off the tongue).  But in an effort to demonstrate just how superficial I can be, here's what I liked about the match and it's winner, Rafael Nadal.  He's totally cute with that shaggy long hair.  He's hot and  sweaty.  He's Spanish (makes me think of my other favorite Spanish things - Madrid, tapas, and wine).  He played Robin Solderling from Sweden  -  another favorite place (makes me think of a great Midsommer holiday and enviable social policy). 

Not sure how I missed this watching this one.  There's always Wimbledon...coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...