Thursday, December 10, 2009

The NYT 2009 Year in Ideas

I have always loved this annual feature of the NY Times Magazine.  I'm somewhat of a NY Times junkie.  What I enjoy about this is the concepts of forward-thinking, out-of-the-box ideas, that may define our future (or not) -  what seems absurd, might not actually be so....or so absurd, it's brilliant.  Time will tell.  I especially love the intersections of design and technology.  Check out Bicycle Highways, Manmade Greenery, and the Cul de Sac Ban..  Lots of 'i' words come to mind - ideas, innovation, inspiration, illumination.  It jazzes me.

And every year, the end page of the ideas issue shows some cool - and questionable - patents awarded that year.  This is always good for a little chuckle.  I particularity like the graphic presentation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...