Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow!

Snow!  These days weather seems so warped - at least from my nostalgic memories of childhood.  And we haven't had a good snow in such a long time.  But a storm blows from the south - with winter weather forecasted from this evening through Sunday morning.  Maybe 6-12 inches!!  Haven't heard that in a while!  I'm not much for sensationalized, exaggerated forecasts.  In fact, I think they get people all wound up over nothing (and then we are inured when a weather event does actually happen).  But I think this one could be a good one!! (Note to self - must get gas and cash).

A few more thoughts on this particular snowstorm. 
Snow is great when you miss work or school.  Hooray!  It is wonderful for being at home, even on a weekend, with hot cocoa and tea.  A winter walk bundled up with good, warm boots.  Sledding!  Snowmen!  Not so good, however, when it throws a wrench in holiday travel plans. This storm is focused on the I-95 corridor - traffic is awful, driving is hard, flights get canceled and delayed.  The All Souls Church pageant rehearsal *might* get canceled tomorrow - but weather would be good enough to actually hold the unrehearsed pageant on Sunday.  What a cute mess!  And need I mention all of this is compounded by the fact that it is the last weekend before X-mas.  Watch out holiday shoppers (and procrastinators)!  Shopping/spending will be down.  So much for economic recovery - the economy is doomed! :-)

Finally, I don't think I've mentioned that I just *adore* The Capital Weather Gang!  Those guys are so excited about weather.  They are somewhat irreverent and quirky, and that makes me excited about weather, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...