Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog Stats for La Nouvelle Observatrice (and random things we can glean from all that)

Blogger provides real-time stats on page views, referring sources, and audience.  The stats tracking has only been available since July, but it has provided me with endless fascination, inspiration, and imagination on my readership out there on the World Wide Web!  I have turned off tracking of my own page views from my home and work computers, so all current stats only reflect my 5 or so known readers, and the other random people who stumble across the writings of La Nouvelle Observatrice.  There are lots of things I don't know from the stats tracking, like unique users/viewers, and those of you who visit time and time again. Welcome one and all, please browse around, and feel free to follow or comment.  And don't worry, I have no idea who you are.

With one week still left in October, I had already surpassed my all time high of monthly page views - though I'm still just a blip out there in cyberspace. And that exciting milestone - spurred by my love of both metrics and blogging - inspired this post.

Click through to see some other interesting facts on my reader stats:

Page Views:
All time (since July 2010): 1,805
October 2010 (through October 25): 675


Top 10 Most Viewed Posts (All Time):
Based on the topics of these posts, I think it speaks to the types of info people seek on the Web - primarily to feed insatiable appetites for sex, travel, and things Apple-related. 
1.  Love Locked: Passerelle de Léopold Sédar-Senghor
2.  Wien Tour
3.  Sex Research
4.  observatrice exhibitioniste voyeuse
5.  Michelle Rhee - Rant and Rave (my 25 cents)
6. Lumenhaus: Design within Reach
7.  My girl
8.  I [HEART] my new iPhone!
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10.  A few of my favorite things...Now, found together!...

In October, the following posts have also been especially popular: Sex Bomb, Mom, and Senior Strategist; From my sub-conscious; and Top World Cup Players on Facebook, Day by Day

Referral Sources:
The more or less usual suspects like google.com, google.fr, google.ru and bing.com  are my referral sites.

And readership stems from searches from the sex-obsessed or world travelers based on the fact that the most popular search terms that landed on my blog are: "exhibitioniste," "voyeuse," "sex research," "hundertwasserhaus," and search word combinations and permutations of "Paris/bridge locks/love locks."  Apparently, several are bike share aficionados because they also searched frequently for "capital bikeshare."  

Audience (all time):
A global audience -Woohoo!  But not much rhyme or reason other than that - Francophiles/Francophones? People Touring Vienna?
1.  USA
2.  Austria
3.  France
4.  Canada
5.  Netherlands
6.  UK
7.  South Korea
8.  Germany
9.  Russia
10.  Japan

In October, I've also been browsed (more than once) in Brazil, Belize, and Kuwait.

Though not the majority, a good number of my audience are Mac users (40%).  And they are overwhelmingly (95%) using one of the three major browsers: Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

Thank you for your visit, and please come again.





















Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...